Faculty and Staff: Cheryl Turner
When Cheryl is not at work, she enjoys spending time outdoors geocaching, playing Frisbee golf, or racing BMX. Cheryl has two children in college and loves having the opportunity supporting them as they grow and become successful adults.
- University of Nebraska–Lincoln, 1999, B.S. (Criminal Justice)
- Doane College–Lincoln, 2005, M.A. (Counseling )
Areas of Interest
- Children and Families
- Mental Health and the impact it has on society
- Attachment and Trauma
- Understanding Behavioral Needs of Children
- Educating others
- Providing individual and family therapy to families with attachment and trauma concerns
Professional Activities and Community Service
- Member of the Region V Trauma Workgroup (2010-Present)
- Member of the Trauma Informed Care Strategic Planning Group for the State of Nebraska
- Member of the Healthcare Oversight Committee for the State of Nebraska
- Presenter on Attachment and Trauma in Children across the State of Nebraska (2012-Present)
- Presenter for the Hopes, Dreams, and Success Conference (2013-2015)
- Mental Health First Aid Instructor (Adult, Youth, Higher Education, Public Safety, Veterans and Military)
- Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner
Child Protection and Safety Training: Development and delivery of training in areas related to children, youth, and families including, development, attachment, behavior, trauma, psychotropic medications, and substance use.
Lincoln Public Schools: Development and delivery of trauma informed care to all certified LPS Staff. Assessment of assigned Title 1 schools and feedback to provide basic beginning steps towards becoming Trauma Sensitive School environments.