Faculty and Staff: Shelly Johnson
Personal InformationWhen not working, I am the personal chauffer for my two children, Veranda and Bryce; running to ball games, scouts, piano lessons, band performances and singing events. (I wouldn't change it for anything). My husband and I enjoy going to the cabin with our kids, grilling, boating and spending time with friends.
- B.S.W., University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Omaha, social work (1989)
Areas of Interest
- Child welfare
- Child abuse and neglect and its effects on families
- Permanency for children in the Department of Health and Human Services
- Effects of domestic violence on child
- Social services for children and families
- Community education of child abuse and neglect
- Curriculum development and training
- Collaboration with community professionals
- Impact of Field training for Child and Family Services Specialists
Professional Activities & Community Service
- Protection and Safety Worker, 1989-2000
- Private Contractor for home studies with Health and Human Services 2000-2001
- Board Member- Before and After School Recreation Program, Waverly Elementary School 2003-current
Shelly has worked for the Center on Children, Families, and the Law since 2000. She began working as a consultant, then a Field Training Specialist, and currently as Training Administrator for Child Abuse and Neglect.
- Coordination of the Center's training activities under contract with the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services to provide competency-based training to its Children and Family Services Specialists
- Coordination of the Case Management Process Team, development and implementation of training for Nebraska Department of Health & Human Service Children and Family Services Specialists.
- Implementation of the Nebraska Safety Intervention System, into the Nebraska Department of Health & Human Service training program.
- Trainer of the ongoing case management process
- Member of the Curriculum Review and Oversight Committee