Events: Speaker Series (2001) - Adolescents at Risk: Research, Prevention and Policy
- Pathways into Substance Use/Abuse Among Children of Alcoholics, Laurie Chassin, PhD, Arizona State University
- Adolescents' Competence as Defendants in Criminal Court: Implications for Transfer. Tom Grisso, PhD, University of Massachusetts School of Medicine
- Thinking About Prevention of Youth Violence: What Do We Know and What Do We Need to Learn? Patrick Tolan, PhD, Univ. of Illinois-Chicago
- Adolescent Childbearing Within Families: A Case of Cause and Effect. Patricia East, PhD, Univ. of California - San Diego School of Medicine
Is to conduct research, analyze policy, and provide education and community service. The purpose of CCFL's activities is to enhance the well-being of children, youth, and families.
Children are extraordinarily precious members of society, they are exquisitely alert, sensitive, and conscious of their surroundings; and they are extraordinarily vulnerable to maltreatment or emotional abuse by adults who refuse to give them the profound respect and affection to which they are unconditionally entitled.
- Wisdom of the Elders, quoted in Kids Are Worth It, by Barbara Coloroso, ch. 1 (1994).